Saturday, July 6, 2013

Post-Vacation Relaxation




This week's show marks the return of New Directions after a three week hiatus while I was in Greece.  I snapped the picture of this cool calico under a rock near the top of the Acropolis in Athens.  Gripped the Aphrodite's Child (prog band formed by Vangelis) at a great store called Off the Record located in Piraeus.  Also played some of my favourite artists I was listening to during the trip.


LISTEN
(right click and "save as" to download)

Playlist for 12 June 2013:
  • Aphrodite's Child "End of the World" from End of the World (Mercury, 1968)
  • Reedbeds [side A] from Heirloom Rust Garden (Old Frontiers, 2012)
  • Lau Nau "Tulkaa!" from Kuutarha (Locust, 2004)
  • Inca Ore "Natural High (Keeping It Up)" from v/a My Estrogeneration (Not Not Fun, 2009)
  • Laurie Spiegel "Riding the Storm" from Unseen Worlds (Scarlet, 1991)
  • Actress "Marble Plexus" from R.I.P. (Honest Jon's, 2012)
  • Phedre "Aphrodite" from Phedre (Daps, 2012)
  • Half Moon Run "Drug You" from Dark Eyes (Indica, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment